Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wow talk about slack

Well I really fell off the wagon with this one, but to be fair it got cold and not nice weather for nappy free time.
Its been warming up lately. Over the last few months I was mainly just catching the morning poo and wee, but over the last few weeks Jacob has been getting more and more cranky on a daily basis.
I was thinking all sorts of things that were possibly wrong with him, but then it was like a light bulb moment, he hates wearing a nappy!
Since then we have not been using nappies at home, unless he was going for a nap, and I put one on when he go out. Jacob has since been much happier. I can't believe it was that simple. He would get a little upset, so would put him on the potty and voila a wee.
There is still the odd wee on the floor but that is not a big deal. Still catching his morning poos every 3 days or so. Now he is crawling too, which makes it fun for wee, I am still trying to actually work out his more subtle signs though, as I know from Lucas, getting cranky was the final sign before weeing, so I just have to work out what the early ones are. But I know ill get there eventually.
I am loving not having to wash pooey nappies, and its now taking ages for the nappy bucket to fill up anyway, so soon ill just wash nappies with clothes like I did for Lucas, rather than waiting for a full load. Hopefully we will have less rain soon, so they actually dry on the line.

1 comment:

  1. well done - does Jacob only poo every few days? So you're catching all his poo? Its pretty hard picking up their signs I reckon, maybe i just need to pay closer attention.

    ReplyDelete